12.04.2012

Max's Blessing


Our little Max's blessing day was on November 25th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving up in Logan with Johnny's family this year, so needless to say I spent the days leading up to when we went up there cleaning our house like a mad woman. Consequently, I have learned that trying to clean while also taking care of an infant does not always work out quite how you want it to. At least he seemed to like the sound of the vacuum, so I had that. 

We have 1:00 church, so I tried to time everything just perfectly so that Max would be clean, fed and tired by the time sacrament meeting rolled around. He was pretty grumpy all morning and I was sure that he would scream all during the blessing, but he must have known that what was happening was kind of a big deal (or he had help from some sort of heavenly being) because he was pretty much an angel baby during the blessing. And I have to say, my Johnny gave him the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard. I have never felt more like a real live grown-up than when I realized it was my husband up there blessing my baby. I have arrived, people. 

After sacrament, we invited the bazillions of people who came to support our little family back to our house for some grub. People were PACKED in our house. I was running around like a mad woman, yet again, trying to talk to everyone, coercing groups of people into taking pictures so we could commemorate who was there, feeding my seemingly starving child and plotting how to magically make my house bigger. In the meantime, most of the food was eaten and I was reminded again of the joy of motherhood--not ever getting to eat when you want to. Ha.

All of the men who were in the circle

John's family

My family
One of the things I was most excited about was getting a four-generation picture of all of the living John Morreys since John's grandpa was in town. As I mentioned back when we found out we were pregnant with a boy, our little John Max is the seventh John Morrey. We have since found out that all seven of the John Morreys also happen to be the firstborn in their families...sorry, son, now the pressure's all on you to give the world John Morrey VIII. 

John Douglas Morrey (my father-in-law), John Max Morrey, John Scott Morrey and John Rolf Morrey. That's a lot of Johns in one picture.
I think it's kind of funny that you have all of these John Morreys who look just like each other and then BAM...there's some little stranger who looks just like me but is posing as one of them. I guess those Stapley genes are pretty strong.

All in all, it was a wonderful day and Max was such a good little baby for most of it. Only once everyone was gone did the screaming begin. He saves all of the good stuff for John and me. But we just love him and are so happy he's ours.

Zonked on the couch once everyone had left



1 comment:

Nemesis said...

First off, you look gorgeous.

Secondly, your baby IS the sweetest little angel guy. I'm so glad everything went well!