My Johnny husband’s first name has been passed down for the past six generations. One of my greatest accomplishments to date is the day I realized I can name all of them, in the correct order:
John Morrey
John Ferney Morrey
John Eldon Morrey
John Rolph Morrey
John Douglas Morrey
John Scott Morrey
The majority of these John Morreys have been the oldest in their families. So, like, no pressure on us to have a boy first, right?
Well, it’s a good thing our little bean cooperated with the genealogical gods. We’re having a BOY, y’all!!!
Introducing John Morrey VII (and apologies in advance, son, for displaying your goods for all to see on the Internet):
I cannot get enough of this little half-profile. He is obviously already a bit camera-shy, as he REFUSED to turn that cute little face of his toward us no matter how much we tried to convince him. Could you just die looking at that little nose and those chubby cheeks?
He was kicking these little legs and feet up over his head pretty much all throughout the ultrasound.
This is one of our favorites, the thumbs-up. So maybe he’s as excited to come to our family as we are to have him?
Oh, and did I mention that my mom went on a shopping spree as soon as she found out the gender? Our little guy’s stash is already beginning. My dad even went out and bought a gift the minute he found out (the cutest little University of Utah beanie known to man. Although by the looks of things, we need to get this kid some Aggie gear!). I think maybe they’re excited for this little one, too.
We are so excited to welcome this sweet little boy into our family. Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by how much I love him already that all I can do is cry. He has started moving around a lot more and sometimes kicks hard enough that John is able to feel him. I just love feeling those little baby kicks. And how sweet that John emailed me the other day while we were both at work and simply said, “I want to feel the baby kick.” I think both of us are just a little bit smitten with this little bean.
Oh, and here's my belly at 20 weeks last Sunday (although the outfit I wore that day made it hard to tell I'm even pregnant. Wonder how much longer I can camouflage this baby bump?). Hard to believe I'm more than halfway through this pregnancy!




1 comment:
Such a cute pic; and what a great name/legacy to hand down! Boys are the best!
Post a Comment