I promise, I've had good intentions to keep my
blog up-to-date this summer, but this life of mine has had other plans. We’ve been busy, busy, busy and when I do have a free night, the last thing I want to do is
spend it on the computer. So a summer recap will have to do. Enjoy. And sorry in advance that this may turn into the longest post ever...
JUNE
We celebrated our third anniversary
in June by going to my cousin’s wedding reception. (Yeah, she got married the
same day as us…so inconsiderate…ha.)
.JPG)
That is also the time frame when I got hit with another random bout of "morning" sickness, the prescription for my anti-nausea pills ran out, and my doctor was out of town for a week so it couldn't be refilled...good times.
That is also the time frame when I got hit with another random bout of "morning" sickness, the prescription for my anti-nausea pills ran out, and my doctor was out of town for a week so it couldn't be refilled...good times.
We went to part of the Morrey
Family Reunion up in Logan. I lived on the wild side and went on a four-wheeling ride with Johnny. Don't worry, I drove super slow. Partly because I didn't want to jar the baby too badly, but also partly because every time I drove over a rock I would get nauseous. Such fun.
John’s little sister Kristina got married on June 22nd, so we spent the day celebrating. It was a beautiful wedding. They had their reception in John’s parent’s backyard and it was lovely. Holy moly, those two were giddy and weren’t shy about kissing each other. :)
Also, one of the days we drove to Bear Lake and took
awkward pictures of ourselves. And then I ate the most delicious fresh strawberry shake known to man.
John’s little sister Kristina got married on June 22nd, so we spent the day celebrating. It was a beautiful wedding. They had their reception in John’s parent’s backyard and it was lovely. Holy moly, those two were giddy and weren’t shy about kissing each other. :)
JULY
We had Round II of what is
apparently becoming the biennial fire in Herriman… I was at work and found out about the fire pretty soon after
it started, but I didn’t think it was going to be that big of a deal. Should
have known better. John headed home about an hour after the fire started and
was able to get to our house, but I left work too late and the roads that
access our house were already closed, so I spent the night at my parent’s
house. At some point I think our house was in the mandatory evacuation zone,
but none of our neighbors left and apparently it sort of turned into a big
neighborhood party, everybody hanging out outside, eating otter pops and
watching the fire. Our house was never in any danger, but STILL. Too close for
comfort. Several of our ward members’ homes were right in line of the fire and
came close to burning down. (And sadly, the four homes that did burn down were
all in our stake boundaries. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to
lose your home.) We went for a little tour a couple of days later to see the
damage. I cannot believe how close the flames came…right up to their backyards.
The pictures don’t really do it justice. Seeing it in person, it was like
something out of a movie. Just charred landscape everywhere. We even saw a poor
little jackrabbit that didn’t make it out in time.
I just have to say how thankful I am for the firefighters. The work they do to save people’s property and keep everyone safe is absolutely incredible. What a crazy day. If we have another fire in two years, remind me that maybe we should consider relocating.
I just have to say how thankful I am for the firefighters. The work they do to save people’s property and keep everyone safe is absolutely incredible. What a crazy day. If we have another fire in two years, remind me that maybe we should consider relocating.
| The view of the fire from our house. John sent me this picture to "reassure" me. |
| The yard on the left is one of our ward members'. Shows you how close the fire came to their houses! |
We spent the 4th participating in America’s favorite past-time at the Bees game.
On July 11th we got to see another one of the Beatles perform: Ringo Starr, everyone’s favorite drummer/former train guy on Shining Time Station. John laughed about my biggest takeaway from the concert, that Ringo is in excellent shape for a 72-year-old. But seriously. That dude is one skinny man and could still pound away on those drums all day. And, you know, it’s always fun to spend the night with drunk old people reliving their youth.
| That old guy on the drums in the center is Ringo... |
Johnny turned 33 on July 14th and
we had ourselves a fun day of celebrating. He went golfing with my dad and
brothers in the morning and that night we went to dinner with his parents at
Happy Sumo, as we do every year for his birthday, so he can enjoy his beloved
Vegas Roll. We saw Brave afterward. John kept saying that it was one of his
most favorite birthdays ever, and that was even before he got his big present.
This sequence of pictures pretty much sums up the fact that my birthday
surprise was a hit:
My family all went in and got him a
new acoustic guitar. His old guitar was pretty crappy, and big-time musicians
need fancy guitars, right? Right.
Speaking of which, John has also
been busy with summertime gigs with his band, and I have been busy being his
groupie. He has two more coming up, if any of you are in the area and want to
take a listen. Tomorrow the band is playing up in North Logan at Mountain View Park starting at 11am (you know, because the Beatles were PIONEERS in the music industry...get it, get it???). And this Friday, they're playing in Bountiful starting at 7pm. This little boy of ours seriously has no choice but to be a Beatles fan, I'm afraid. I'm thinking he's heard more Beatles music while in the womb than most people hear their whole lives. Lucky little boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment