4.06.2011

One time, I won a clock.

I am happy to announce that my basically 28-year losing streak is over. I won myself this gorgeous, gigantic, somewhat-expensive clock over the weekend:
I NEVER win anything (well, rarely win anything, I guess I should say—I did win a gift card to Market Street at my company Christmas party last year), so a few thank you’s are in order. Thank you, men in my family for attending the Priesthood session of General Conference every six months without fail. Thank you, Mom, for always having a standing date with me during Priesthood and for your eagerness to go the Quilted Bear with me to shop for girlie things. Thank you, Quilted Bear, for having a ladies’ night out sale (that my mom and I were not even aware of, funnily enough) and for having a drawing for a beautiful, beautiful clock. And thank you, Carolyn from the Quilted Bear, for pulling my name out of the 400 or so entries that were in the running for said clock. It is gorgeous and will be a lovely addition to our bedroom décor. I am mightily excited. And happy that I’m not a loser all of the time.

Also, my daffodils are out!!!

And on a sadder note, this, my friends, is what cute little crocuses look like after a weekend snowstorm. Stupid Utah springs.

No comments: