1. Going to my very first True Aggie Night.
Yes, it’s true—I graduated from USU almost six and a half years ago (EEEK!!!!) and had never participated in or even witnessed a true Aggie night. John is such a good sport and always plays along with my crazy schemes. In a nutshell, it was freezing and way past our bedtime, we felt really, really old hanging out with a bunch of college kids, and it really wasn’t as exciting as I was expecting. Also, apparently they have changed it up a little bit since the last time John went, so we're not entirely sure that I'm an actual True Aggie…but perhaps I will still claim it. :) When John became one, everyone just kind of gathered around the A and kissed at midnight (which is what we did) and were good to go. On Friday, there was a humongo line of couples waiting their turn to actually stand on the A and kiss. Oh well...at least now I can say I’ve been there, done that.
2. Eating lunch on Saturday at La Beau’s, which has for some reason become tradition every time we venture up north. Their fries are to die for.
3. Getting “seduced” by roses, as John's mom would say. She has a gorgeous garden full of rosebushes, so we’ve been planning on buying some ourselves to add into our landscaping. We looked through her rose books and went to a nursery to scope out the selection, and HOLY COW I am in love. I had no idea there were so many different varieties. And with such fun names! Dainty Bess! Marmalade Skies! Abraham Darby! They all sound like characters out of a Jane Austen novel, so how fun is that? We may be in trouble, as I see no way of getting around buying less than 20 kinds.
4. Finally seeing The King’s Speech. We went as a family on Saturday night (to the PG-13 version, mind you…one F word is more than enough for me, thank you very much) and it was amazing. And going back to my Jane Austen comment, I’ve kind of had a thing for Colin Firth since his days as Mr. Darcy, but his talent does not only consist of looking good as he trudges through English countrysides. I tell you what, the man can act. LOVED it. (As a sidenote, I am now mildly excited for the upcoming Royal Wedding. And may have watched one or three documentaries about the Royal Family last night while John was at a band practice. Did you even know that it's Royal Wedding Week on TLC? You have been informed. Yikes.)
5. Eating brownies and ice cream at midnight on Saturday. And then staying up till 2 watching a documentary about PIXAR. For some reason we like to pretend we’re still in college when we go up to Logan…which included sleeping in till almost 11 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Yep.
6. A wonderful Easter Sunday that included church, an afternoon walk, a delicious and entertaining dinner, and even a piano/cello recital. And also some awkward snuggling.
And to top off a fabulous weekend, I came home to find that these beauties have FINALLY made their springtime debut.
And then it snowed and got wicked cold. Awesome.
1 comment:
Wow--you maybe should be a little bit ashamed that it took you so long to at least witness a True Aggie night.
Better late than never though. Welcome to the True Aggie club!
Post a Comment