3.18.2011

New arrivals

Say hello to the newest arrivals in our neck of the woods:

I just may have screamed/shrieked/shouted in sheer joy when John told me earlier this week that our little crocus, tulip, hyacinth and daffodil bulbs were sprouting. And I also just may have been outside to check on their progress quite a few times since. (And also to make sure none of those pesky deer have had themselves a little snack.) Love this time of year!


Yeah. We bought this badboy with an unexpected profit-sharing check. I thought I’d have buyer’s remorse since I am the Scrooge McDuck of our relationship and think all extra money we ever receive should go straight to our savings account…but no. It is THAT comfortable and amazing. Regrets, schmegrets. And besides, if worse comes to worst we can sell our house and live on the streets on our beautiful sectional and be just fine. (And as a side note, did anyone ever find it odd that on Ducktales, only Scrooge McDuck could actually swim through all of the money in his money bin? Every time the Beagle Boys broke in, they just landed on top of it. Deep thoughts, I know.)


OK, so this isn’t really new per se since John’s been working on it since Thanksgiving, but I have yet to blog about it so it’s new to most of you. John’s latest painting. He works on it whenever he has some spare time and is hoping to enter it in some contests this year. Pretty groovy, huh? I seriously don’t know how he lucked out in the talent department and got basically everything available. He is amazing. One of the things I routinely say to him as I gaze, awe-struck at his painting? “How do you make a painting look shiny? Seriously? The headlights/metal parts look shiny!” Mind = blown.

P.S. Can somebody please tell the spiders that have already started crashing our house party that it’s still a bit early for them to think they are invited inside? And seriously, why they would even think that they have an invitation to come inside my house is beyond me. I mean, unless they are talking about an invitation to being squished and thrown in the garbage, because I’ll send out those invitations all. day. long.

P.P.S. I loooooove March Madness. I am heartbroken that my Aggies lost. But it is still one of my most favorite times of the year and you better believe that I am switching between three games as we speak.

4 comments:

rachelle c said...

:) by the way that is totally the couch that i have had my eye on for when i have had enough of ours (which is about now). so don't be offended when you have to sit on the same couch at my house :) and it is crazy that i look at the painting and think it is actually the picture of the car. john is amazing and i hope one day we can proudly hang a piece of his artwork in our home :)

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog!! The tulips etc. look beautiful and full of promise.
And the sectional!!!!!!! Wow. You couldn't get a better looking one anywhere. I'm so excited for you guys.

Lynne and John said...

actually that was from me.

monkeystevens said...

Yea for spring and march madness!!! Always one of the VERY best times of the year...except for today because it is very blustery/cold/rainy...but still; it will make the flowers grow! And I'm am SOOO jealous of the sectional; nice work! And I thought that painting was a photograph-- wow!