Exhibit B: The Demolition Derby
We trucked it on down to Nephi a couple of weekends ago with a group of friends for the Juab County Fair Demolition Derby. And I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. There is something about watching old, beat-up vehicles play a real life version of bumper cars that brings joy to my soul. I’m wondering if we can turn John’s Civic into a derby car when (hopefully a long time in the future) it finally bites the dust. I think our friend Andy would be the perfect person to drive it. Check out his hair. He is not, in fact, bald, but shaved it like this for the Derby.
You ain’t hardcore unless you live hardcore.
Exhibit C: The Crisp Bean Burrito Craving
I had a wicked craving for crisp bean burritos a couple of weekends ago while we were out running errands (but no, I regret to inform you that I am NOT pregnant…girls can have weird cravings and not be pregnant, I promise), so John, being the cute husband that he most certainly is, drove around and around trying to find a Taco Time for me. We couldn’t find one and finally resorted to going to Carl’s Jr. for lunch. Lo and behold, there was some random Mexican fast food place attached to the Carl’s Jr. whose name escapes me at the moment. And what to my wondering eyes should appear on the menu…but crisp meat burritos. Not quite the same as a crisp bean burrito, but good enough. Oh, the white-trashness of it all…
1 comment:
Hey. There's nothing red-necked about liking to kill flies; or about having fun at a demo-derby. I wish I had an electric swatter; that thing is so awesome!!! Now wanting a crispy bean burrito... ;)
Post a Comment