- Our fence is mostly done (sadly, none of which I can take credit for. John might very well be mistaken for a Latin man with how tan he's gotten over the summer from all of the time he's spent outside. I shall for here on out call him Juan...), and all I can say is yay for privacy! We no longer have to silently fume about those crazy teenagers thinking our side lawn is their own personal hang-out spot or the random neighborhood children who leave their shoes/bikes/rollerblades/candy wrappers in our backyard. Has made us really want patio furniture...we resorted to bringing our card table and chairs outside a couple of weeks ago and eating dinner on our little patio just so we could enjoy it. And then we parked our cars on the lawn, John started wearing wife-beaters and we both grew mullets.
- We painted and have partially decorated the half bathroom on our main floor. And I have to say I love it. As much as you can love a room whose main function is...well, you know...
- We celebrated Arbor Day a little early and planted ourselves an ash tree in the backyard that will be ginormous in about 30 years. (As will I, most likely. Ha.) We also bought a darling little Charlie Brown-ish apricot tree whose fruit, when it is mature enough to bear fruit, will hopefully not be devoured by the hordes of grasshoppers currently setting up shop in our yard. (Am now thinking there could be a metaphor somewhere in there amongst the "mature enough to bear fruit" and "hordes of devouring grasshoppers" for the lesson I have to give to the combined Young Women in October about chastity...hmm...)
- John went to Scout Camp for a day. Got a little lost. Almost ran out of gas. Took a nap. Pretty much a normal day for him.
- I was supposed to go to Girl's Camp for a day but due to torrential rain and crazy mud, was forbidden from going up. Still took the day off and spent it doing fun and exciting things, like laundry and dishes. And perhaps watching copious amounts of TLC and HGTV. So sue me for liking shows about extravagant, ridiculously-priced wedding dresses and house hunting.
- We've started going to this great farmer's market in Draper at least once a week for corn-on-the-cob, strawberries, green beans, avocados and pineapple. Oh, the pineapple...I am somewhat addicted. In the which case, I might just be forced to move to Hawaii. I need my pineapple. And think how fun for all of you to be able to come and visit me on my island paradise! With all of my pineapple trees! Because yes, on my island, the pineapples will grow on trees. Along with money.
- I have been getting my fill of community plays. Oh, how I love them. An outdoor production of Bye Bye Birdie a couple of weeks ago and a surprisingly good rendition of Hairspray last Friday night. Still on the docket: Footloose sometime in September or October. I love me some Ren McCormick. Punch-dancing one's rage out never gets old.
8.10.2010
A Brief Synopsis
Yowsers. We have apparently been busy little bees with no time for blogging, so please accept this meager offering of what we've been up to in the form of a bulleted list. Come on, bulleted lists are fun! And so are we, I promise. Read on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Not sure which is funnier--your recap or Bret's Footloose homage. I'm going to call it a tie and keep giggling merrily away.
Haha! Sounds like you've had a fun and productive summer-- I can't get me enough of plays either :)
How could Flight of the Conchords miss the most important part of that scene? I'm speaking, of course, of the high bar routine with a double twisting McFederov dismount. Nothing says I'm pissed at the world like gymnastics.
I get so excited about home/yard projects too, but I haven't done any for awhile. You guys are inspiring. I love pineapple too! :)
Post a Comment