John's parents and my parents joined us, and we learned that my mom and John's dad also have a special place in their hearts for the Vegas Roll. Good times.
We had the best time. We had floor seats (or should I say, field seats, since the concert was at a soccer stadium), but they were clear at the back, which doesn't bode well for a girl of my height. This was my view of the stage.
Ha. Good thing there were ginormous screens on both sides of the stage so I could at least look at those and see what was going on. And even better that the three people originally sitting by me apparently decided to look for seats elsewhere so that my weird claustrophia/agoraphobia didn't set in and I could enjoy the concert in peace.
The Birthday Week of Fun continues on Saturday when we will be venturing up to Deer Valley to see Ben Folds perform with the Utah Symphony Orchestra, which is the birthday gift I surprised John with a couple of months ago. Thank you, dear husband, for having a birthday in the summertime when we are able to go to fun outdoor concerts and do other fun things outside. As opposed to my birthday, which is in the dead of winter a month after Christmas when nobody wants to spend any money or do anything but stay inside with a mug of hot chocolate and pajamas on. Ha. Summer birthdays trump all.
Viva la Birthday Week of Fun!
Viva la Birthday Week of Fun!
2 comments:
I loved the video with Paul's hair blowing in the wind! I'm so glad that the drug excursion of 1968 didn't fry his brains. He really did retain his voice (and figure). What a great experience.
SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm so jealous! I love concerts and those both would have been awesome ones to see :) Now, what is a Vegas Roll? Is it sushi? I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE sushi and if there is some sushi out there I haven't tried I need to know about it. Or...if it's an egg roll type thing I need to know about it also. Fun fun!
Post a Comment