5.10.2010

A Belated Happy Mother's Day

Sorry that this post is a day late, but better late than never. :) I just wanted to wish all of you moms out there a happy Mother's Day!

To my mom, thank you for:
  • letting me get my ears pierced when I was five
  • teaching me to be a rabid sports fan
  • being so amazingly selfless and teaching me what it means to be giving
  • ALWAYS supporting me
  • introducing me to the joy of cheesy Elvis movies, Footloose, Grease and Some Like It Hot
  • teaching me to be ridiculously competitive no matter what game I'm playing
  • spending so much time helping me plan my wedding, which turned out better than I ever imagined
  • loving me unconditionally
  • showing me what it really means to make a house a home
  • helping me to develop a love of reading and learning
  • being such a great example of how to be a wife and mother
  • being my best friend
And to my mother-in-law, thank you for raising the boy that I love more than anything else in the world. You done good. :)

4 comments:

Staples01 said...

Don't forget "Operation Petticoat". We just sank a truck!

Julia said...

This is cute. Your mom sounds like so much fun. I don't think I ever knew you were competitive. You must hide it well. :)

Ben Stapley said...

"The whole place is a no-parking zone, crater face"

Lynne and John said...

Thanks you sweetie. (a late thanks)