Thanksgiving this year was fabulous as always. Earlier this month, we had a Family Home Evening at our house with my family and made a blessing tree. John sketched out a tree really fast and we wrote our blessings on the leaves. Things we're thankful for? Family, health, Jesus, the Gospel, sports, employment, and of course, good brownies and cookies. :)
We spent Thanksgiving Day with my family.
We ate. The food was SO GOOD. My mom totally outdid herself this year. I could seriously eat her homemade stuffing every day for the rest of my life and be more than content. Our contributions this year were the candied yams and an apple pie. I am happy to say that both were successes. I am especially proud of the pie--my first attempt at making a pie from scratch. Behold them in all of their glory, pre-baking.
We took naps. (And by "we," I mostly mean John. That boy sure does love his sleep.)
We put the little ones to work helping with the remodel of my parent's basement.
We saw The Muppets Thanksgiving night. I loved it. I've had the "mah na mah na" song in my head basically ever since.
I'm guessing that this song will now be in your head for the next week, so...you're welcome.
Mah na mah na.
No comments:
Post a Comment