This year, I'm thankful for...
- Spending my first Thanksgiving with the Morrey family. It was such a nice, long, relaxing weekend. We slept in every day, ate good food (oh, the turkey! And the mashed potatoes! And the cocoa-flavored roasted almonds!), went to see Tangled as a family (which made me tear up three times...definitely the sign of a good Disney movie), watched two Harry Potter movies in an effort to get me caught up to see the new one while it's still in theaters (because I am oh so blasphemous and until a couple of weeks ago had not seen any of the movies), and just generally had good times. Also, John and Michael (John's youngest brother) had a dance-off. Without any music. I sincerely wish I had taken a video, because words cannot describe the joy it brought to all who were lucky enough to witness it.
- John's car passing its safety inspection. Old Greenie rides again...at least for another year.
- Going to the Spectrum to watch the Utah State/Utah basketball game, accompanied by my mom, brother Jason, bestest friend Jessica and John's dad. Games between these two teams always pose a bit of a problem for me, as I grew up a die-hard Ute fan but graduated from USU. My solution was to cheer for both teams. And even though I was glad to see Utah State win, my little heart was sad for my Utes. Such dilemmas I face in life. Although I do have to say that there is no comparison to the atmosphere in the Spectrum. The Aggie student section was truly amazing, as always.
- The heroic and miraculous efforts of Brandon Burton to block BYU's field goal with 4 seconds left and win the game for the Utes on Saturday afternoon. John and I were at the game, along with my mom and brother Jason. This was my first time seeing a BYU/Utah football game in person, and what a classic it turned out to be. Sitting for four hours in below freezing temperatures was worth it once the game was over. Final score: 17-16. Aww yeah.
- The purchase of my new winter coat and boots. Logan was FRIGIDLY cold, as was the aforementioned football game, so they definitely came in handy. What also would have come in handy is if somehow the crew at Rice-Eccles Stadium could have removed the BLOCKS OF ICE from underneath the seats before the game started. Even with wool socks and boots, my feet were pretty much frozen solid by the time the game ended. Oh, the things I do for sports.
Things I'm NOT thankful for at the moment? Living on a huge corner lot, with mountains and mountains of snow piled on top of the sidewalks and driveway. With a layer of ice underneath. BOO.
No comments:
Post a Comment