It may be time to cut my hair. Or start wearing it in a ponytail every day. This may sound weird, but I totally get distracted by my split-ends every day at work and waste a good amount of time picking them. (And yet, my hairdresser assures me every time I see her that my hair is very healthy.) Too bad John’s not a fan of the butch-cut, or I’d go all Halle Berry on my hair. (I jest. In truth, I love my long hair and would probably cry every day for a month were I to cut it off. I’m so vain.)
Have any of you seen that Sister Wives show on TLC? I have to admit that it is oddly fascinating. I have polygamy in my family history (hi, great-great-grandpa who had a secret room in your house in which to hide from police), so it’s not really that far removed…but it is still such an odd concept to me. Especially weird to see the husband kissing his “fiancée” as one of his wives is in the hospital getting ready to give birth to his 13th child. As a woman, I do not know how you would be OK with that. Either of those situations. Ick. Yeah, I think I’ll just stick to a monogamous relationship, thank you very much. Oh, and equally as intriguing as the show itself is the fact that the husband (Kody, I believe) walks just like Ted/Keanu Reeves in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And has equally as awesome hair.
Call me crazy, but I am in desperate need for Daylight Saving Time to end. I’m not a morning person as it is, but forcing me to get out of my warm, comfy bed when there is not even a single trace of light from the sun visible yet is borderline torture.
We had a late-night/early-morning intruder destroy (as in, EAT) the lovely knock-out roses that were blooming in our just-planted garden up until a few days ago. The very roses that I just hadn’t quite gotten around to photographing yet for an upcoming blog entry. The culprit? Deer. The very same deer that I still get so excited to see roaming around our neighborhood. What can I say, I grew up in the city and led a sheltered, wildlife-free childhood. (Minus the dead duck that we once found in our gutter…and that one time when my brothers accidentally shot a bird with a BB gun. Whoops.)
This particular deer wasn’t wise enough to wipe away his/her hoofprints and left a tell-tale sign of its presence all around the garden. Not the brightest bulb in the light socket, eh? (Ha. I love me a good metaphor.) Good thing we’re getting our fence finished up to keep those pesky deer away so hopefully everything else we’ve planted will survive.
Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 shall from hereafter be referred to as the Great Spider Massacre of 2010. A new record was set for the number of spiders killed in our entry way in one fell swoop: 14. Oh, spiders. You should know better by now than to come inside my house and think you can get away with it. For I have the gift of spider-spotting, and John has the gift of spider-killing. You can’t win. GIVE IT UP ALREADY.
1 comment:
You know, I grew up with deer in our yard and I STILL love them! haha! When is USU Homecoming? This weekend? I'm free whenever except this Saturday; Rob's family coming in from WA. And I am so, so, sooo sorry you have spiders; nice job on the killing though! We just have grasshoppers and snakes...haha
Post a Comment