4.08.2010

Nerd Alert

You know you're a nerd when you get excited about purchasing one of these:



Yes, friends, I have myself a coupon organizer. And can I just tell you how ridiculously happy it made me to organize all of the coupons that I clip into separate categories, put them in chronological order from the earliest ones that expire to the latest ones that expire and place each sub-category into its own slot in my little organizer? Oh, the joy that fills my soul.

I have really gotten into using coupons the last little while (not to the extent where I save so much money that the store ends up paying me for buying things from them--I think that requires the use of some type of witchcraft that I have yet to acquire), and I have gotten some sweet deals and several things for free. I'm so proud of myself.

So, moral of the story? Sometimes it pays to be nerdy. Just pass me my pocket protector.

P.S. On another note, sometimes I have days where I truly feel "married." Today I bought new pillows for John and me (saving more than $15 in the process, might I add) and it made me feel really married. Ha. Nothing says matrimony like replacing your crappy old flat pillows with new fluffy ones.