Sometimes I think the state of Utah is schizophrenic...at least when it comes to the weather in the spring. A couple of days ago, I think we ran the gamut of weather options. I drove to work in the rain, later on that morning it started snowing and by the time mid-afternoon rolled around the sun was shining, birds were singing, and Sleeping Beauty was frolicking through the field next to my work with all of her little woodland creature friends. And then it started snowing again and my drive home involved more rain and general coldness. And right at this moment, looking out my window I have the beautiful view of the white dust and dirt that has settled in the atmosphere thanks to the fun hurricane-force winds we have been enjoying today, enveloping everything in a dusty cloud of grossness and completely hiding the mountains. My eyes and lungs are loving it. What the freak, Utah? We are ready for WARMTH. No more of this crazy frozen white stuff or blasts of cold air. I suppose I can handle a little rain (at least enough to get rid of the nastiness in the air--and it's not even the inversion!) provided it's not freezing cold outside, but I am ready for some sun. And 70 degrees would be nice. I don't think that's too much to ask.
However, lest you be afraid that we are forever entrenched in cold and dreariness, take a gander at this tell-tale sign that spring is really, truly, seriously, almost officially all the way here:
The prospect of our flowerbed being populated by pretty yellow daffodils makes me giddy with happiness. The spiders we have started to once again regularly find (and kill--sorry, PETA fans) inside our house? Not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment