Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I have to admit that I have never been a fan of this "holiday" -- I don't really enjoy receiving stuffed animals now that I am past the age of five, but I do love me some roses. (And lucky me, John surprised me with these ones on Friday night. LOVE them. He is so good at this being-a-cute-husband thing.)
But in honor of a day full of love and sappiness, I thought I would bless you all with the wisdom that comes from everyone's favorite love ballad, 'I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That),' by the ever amazing Meatloaf. Because who doesn't need a little help knowing just what exactly you should and should not be willing to do for love? (Plus, this is just dang funny. Ask my brother Ben.)
Things Meatloaf would do for love:
Run right into Hell and back.
Never lie to you, and that's a fact.
Anything you've been dreaming of.
Raise you up.
Help you down.
Get you right out of this godforsaken town.
Make it all a little less cold.
Cater to every fantasy you've got.
Hose you down with holy water if you get too hot.
Take you to places you've never known.
Things Meatloaf won't do for love:
That.
Live and learn, my friends. That Meatloaf knows his stuff.
3 comments:
But now the question is: what would you do for love? Would you do "that"? :)
now that's funny;)
The "hose you down with holy water" line is perhaps the greatest single line of lyrics ever written.
Post a Comment