1.23.2013

Four months.


Yo. So my baby suddenly became four months old on the 21st. You know how people who've experienced something before you have always tell you what to expect, and how things will go, and you kind of think to yourself, "whatever, my experience is going to be totally different than that!"? Those people are actually kind of right. When I was pregnant all I ever heard was how fast babies grow up, to cherish every moment while they're still little and will let you hold them, and to try on their clothes earlier than you think you need to because they'll probably outgrow things before you even have a chance to put it on their little baby bodies. And I thought to myself, babies are babies for a long time, and my baby will be the snuggliest baby EVER, and besides, I'll have a little pipsqueak baby who will stay in newborn-size clothes for months and months and months. 

Well, here I am with a four-month-old who is, indeed, growing faster than I thought possible, with a closetful of darling clothes, some of which he's never even worn and perhaps won't get a chance to since he's growing so dang fast and is practically in 6-9 month clothes as we speak. Oh, and the snuggly baby thing? Not so much. Max is much too interested in things going on around him to take the time to lay that cute head of his on Mom's shoulder. He's got throw pillows to look at! And walls and ceiling fans to stare at! And hands to eat!

Max had his four-month well-child appointment this morning (and another round of horrible, awful shots that this time I braved alone!) and here are his stats:

Weight: 15.43 lbs. (61st percentile)
Height: 26.77 inches (96th percentile) (!!)
Head circumference: 16.7 inches (50th percentile)

So essentially, we have a skinny, tall, very healthy baby. I am kind of blown away by how tall he is (maybe because I'm such a shrimp myself?)--our pediatrician said he's as tall right now as an average seven-month-old. Sheesh, kid. He's also developmentally on par in some ways with six-month-old babies, what with his new-found ability to roll over from his back to stomach, desperate attempts to sit up by himself and constant need to stand. We have a wonder child, folks!

Here's a little bit about our cute boy at four months old:

Likes: 
His binky
Having his diaper changed
Playing under his activity mat
Standing
When Daddy comes home from work
When Daddy holds him upside down (Mommy is not such a big fan of this one, however)
Looking in the mirror
When Mom and Dad make funny sounds for him
Being pushed in the stroller
Listening to Daddy sing and play the piano or guitar

Dislikes:
Being burped
Being cradled like a baby when he's tired (seriously?! What baby doesn't like to be held like a baby?)
Having his nose suctioned out
Being put in the carseat
Having clothes put on him (seriously, he cries almost every single time I put a onesie on him)
When he rolls over onto his tummy and gets stuck
Going to bed earlier than 10 p.m. (We have apparently passed our night owl tendencies onto him...but we're working on getting him on an earlier schedule. Not my favorite thing in the world, mind you.)


Man, we just love this boy to pieces.


1 comment:

The Morreys said...

Yes, they grow up way too fast. I am writing this as both my kids are at school.;(

I have found though that every new stage is (in many ways) more fun than the last.

Keep the pictures and videos coming. We love them (especially Brooklyn).