8.30.2011

A weekend of nothingness

I spent my Saturday night at home alone. And call me crazy, but it was absolutely lovely. John was off playing with his Beatles band at a fancy schmancy private party in Park City (you know, that place where all of the rich people live?), so I had the night to myself. I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and strawberries for dinner and invited some Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough over for dessert. I watched Fever Pitch…and spent the rest of the night reminiscing about my trip to Boston (and more specifically, Fenway Park) back in 2006 and thinking how a return trip sometime in the near future is a definite necessity. I listened to thunder and saw flashes of lightning outside my windows and remembered how much I love summer thunderstorms.

Our world has been so crazy the past couple of months that we jump at the chance to just be at our house doing “nothing.” Sunday once we were done with church and meetings and home teachers, we ate dinner (Southwest Chicken Tacos, courtesy of a new cook book my mom gave me—super easy and good!) outside on our patio and then ventured over to Oquirrh Lake to go for a walk. John took some pictures to potentially use for a new painting while I fixated myself on the baby ducks and decided that we should get one for a pet. And then we came home, ate Creamies and snuggled while we watched Despicable Me.


Umm, yeah. Perfect weekend ever.


P.S. Can somebody please explain to me how it can possibly already be September?!

1 comment:

Staples01 said...

Is "perfect weekend ever" correct grammar? Maybe in Herriman it is since it's so close to the Nevada border.